Saturday, April 23, 2011

Replacement footing

One of the footings needed to be replaced since when the floor was removed, the post was not even touching the pad. It turns out that the footing blocks were sitting on big rocks placed in the dirt. This did not work so well with our soft sandy soil.

A lot of dirt was moved to level out the floor. With my new laser level, I figured that the house is out of level about 1" front to back and the floor was sloped more than 3". I had to take out about 1.5" of dirt from about 1/2 the floor area. I think this ended up being about 1-2 yards of dirt and had to go out the window in buckets.
Dug the hole for the basin (more dirt to remove!).
Rolled out some large bolders and the useless footing up the ramp (they were not liftable so I would guess >150 pounds each).
Bolder alley...one of these was under the concrete footing...they did end up using rock footings under the concrete footings.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: