Friday, May 06, 2011

Gas line...and a long lost leak

I had to redo the gas line inside the house to tuck it under the joists and to add a new feed to the dryer location in the new bathroom. It ended up not being to bad considering that there was only one union at the meter that I could disconnect. I was able to make some room with the sawsall and drop the entire assembly to make room to disconnect at the elbows. I added 2 unions to make it easier to add anything.

Dryer outlet box.
So I turned on the gas and check for leaks. After smelling gas near the meter, I checked all my fittings with soap and found that there was a very slow leak at the gas company connection to the meter. I think it may have been leaking for years like this or it started when it was disturbed when I was digging the sewer line.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: